Tennessee will have 2 sales tax holiday weekends this year with more tax-free items on the list
Additional electronic devices, including TVs, will be tax-free during the back to school shopping weekend. Plus, they’ve added a tax holiday for restaurants.
The sales tax holiday on clothing, school supplies, and computers will take place July 31 through August 2.
2020 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday
- Begins: Friday, July 31 at 12:01 a.m.
- Ends: Sunday, August 2 at 11:59 p.m.
- Clothing with sales price of $200 or less
- School supplies with sales price of $200 or less
- School art supplies with sales price of $200 or less
- Electronic devices, including but not limited to, computers and TVs, with sales price of $3,000 or less.
2020 Restaurant Sales Tax Holiday
- Begins: Friday, August 7
- Ends: Sunday, August 9
- Retail sale of food and drink by restaurants and limited-service restaurants is exempt.